7 Easy Ways to Manage Stress
April is Stress Prevention Month
Whether it's from work, family issues or other situations, all of us experience stress. The key is how we manage it. If we take steps to cope with life's pressures, they don't become overwhelming. Plus, we boost our health in the long run.
Here are 7 ways to help you manage stress daily:
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. When you eat healthy meals regularly, you feel better. You also have the energy needed to accomplish your tasks.
- Take a walk. When life is stressful, sometimes you need fresh air. Exercise is one of the best ways to make you feel better fast.
- Get enough sleep. A good night's sleep can help you think better the next day - so you can tackle issues once and for all.
- Rely on a friend. A good support system is invaluable. Try talking things through with friends and family.
- Just say no. It's okay to say no sometimes. Remember, you don't have to take on everything.
- Create a calming environment. Play soothing music, light a scented candle or look at photos with happy memories.
- Get extra heIp. Seek advice from a health care professional if you have unusual or severe signs of stress. It could be a symptom of another health issue.
Reprinted from Anthem BlueCross